As winter closes in on us, we are already dreaming about spring and designing our new garden with permaculture in mind. Not only will we be incorporating an edible landscape, we will also be working on integrating some medicinal herbs.
Here is a list of seeds we are looking for and a list of seeds we have to trade.
Please leave us a message if you would like to do some trading.
Looking for the following seeds:
- Alkanet (Alkanna tinctoria)
- Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus)
- Bee Balm (Monarda didymium)
- Burdock (Arctium lappa)
- Chicory (Cichorium intybus)
- Cleavers (Galium aparine)
- Hibiscus (Hibiscus sabdariffa)
- Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum)
- Jewelweed (Impatiens capensis)
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Madder (Rubia tinctoria L.)
- Marsh Mallow (Althaea officinalis)
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria)
- Woad (Isatis tinctoria)
Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)
Seeds available for trade:
- Cosmos (Cosmos bipinnatus) x2
- Foxglove (Digitalis purpurea) x2
- Goldenrod (Solidago canadensis) x5
- Fireweed (Chamerion angustifolium)
- Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) x2
- Pearly Everlasting (Anaphalis margaritacea) x5
- Rose Spirea (Spiraea douglasii) x0
- Self Heal/Heal-All (Prunella vulgaris) x3
- St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum) x1
Plants/roots/cuttings we MAY have available for sale or trade this winter:
- Devils Club
- Wild Ginger
- White Flower Confrey
- Red Raspberry
- Dwarf Italian Plum
Hoping to have the following later this season, though it’s not looking good: Catmint (Nepeta).
I will be updating this list as new seeds become available.
Our seeds come in a small plastic bag, inside a paper packet that tells a bit about the seed.
Don’t have seeds to trade – we are more than happy to send seeds for the small fee of $2.50 for up to three seed packs. Additional fee if you want the seeds sent certified or insured. Please contact us via our Facebook page for more information.
Ready to trade? Leave a message below.
Content and Photos by Misty Meadows Homestead and S.Lago © All Rights Reserved